Friday, May 17, 2013

Let me explain to you a thing

So I have discovered that I am awesome at debating. How did I find this out? The ignorant people on Facebook who feel offended when I say I am an animal rights activist have pushed enough buttons. Yes, I am a proud winner of quite a few Facebook Battles, but only because I use facts rather than my own opinion.

Oh great and wise one, do teach me your ways of not sounding dreadfully ignorant on a Facebook fight!

I shall. But be open minded, please. For this example of what happens in my everyday life as a bystander who accidentally admits she doesn't eat meat.

Let me explain to you a thing

Meat isn't all that good for you. It really isn't. Sure, you're getting protein but additionally you are getting fats, chemicals, and hormones. Unless it's some organic skinned chicken breast (And don't you dare act like it is. I saw you at McDonald's the other day mmhmm that's right.) you are basically putting harmful foods into your body. Meat is harsh on your stomach, taking it many hours to fully break it down and digest it. And have you ever seen the documentary Food Inc.? I recommend it. It shows what the ingredients on your products don't. There is nothing natural about that chicken, which in most factory farms are injected with steroids or chemicals to make it grow faster, so fast that it gets too fat for it's legs, making it impossible to move around or simply get water. Not like that was an option in the first place, for those chickens are put together in cramped cages, so tight that they've never even opened up their wings. That's not natural. 


Still don't think meat is bad? You're a tough one. Well, if you want to bring science into this. Lets look at some research. Dr. Hazen from the Cleveland Clinic has done years of research to find what causes heart disease. After testing on red-meat eaters, vegans, and mice (poor mice. Say no to animal testing. They are not tiny men and react differently.) he found that the meat eaters had a high chance of heart disease. He found that a chemical called TMAO was found in the blood of these experiments and only present in meat eaters. That chemical is actually what causes heart disease.
I do disagree with one thing from this Doctor. See, he was so shocked about how highly dramatic the result was, and even though he cut down on red meat, he still continued to eat it. Even a small portion doesn't do much good. After all, you can get much more protein in tofu with a lot less of a risk of, uh, dying. (Don't like the taste of tofu? Hm, I'll have to upload some recipes for you to try!)
Many other discoveries  like this has been revealed over the last few years. Meat has been proven to increase risk of stroke and cancer. Studies have even shown that vegetarians out live meat eaters by seven years, and vegans out live veggies by fourteen years! Why is that? Vegans don't eat all
 those harmful chemicals that are found meat. They stick to natural products that have more protein. For example, almond milk has much more protein than actual milk, but doesn't have fats, mucus, urine, feces, and puss. (yes this is all in your daily glass of milk.) Almond milk tastes amazing once you get used to the taste ( By that I mean it doesn't have the same flavour or thickness like milk. It tastes rather good though!) (Also hi quick side note: Consider almond milk before soy milk. Ladies, enjoy soy but do not over eat/ live on it. It can make you infertile if consumed too often or when pregnant it may cause issues with the baby. Click on me for more info on soy and bun in the ovens)

You seem shocked. I'll wait and stare at this gif while you  throw out those Tyson Chicken nuggets you bought as a family meal. You're back? Okay. One last topic for now. This one never fails to make me laugh. The most common defense from a meat eater is "If we're suppose to be herbivores, then why do we have sharp incisors?" Well let me start by saying that our incisors are certainly not for chasing down a wild zebra and ripping through it's flesh for a nice tasty dinner. And I'll end it with a link THIS ONES SUPER SHORT I SWEAR IT'S JUST A PICTURE I'M SORRY FOR MAKING YOU READ. This makes your argument invalid also HAHAHAHAHAHA to people who think they're omnivores

No comments:

Post a Comment